Daniel*Sonic*Rojas is the beloved partner of Amber and joined the Satsanga family upon his relocation to Singapore in November 2014. Amber and Daniel not only fell in love, unconditionally intertwining their hearts, but they have also come together in a creative and collaborative way to run Satsanga and offering sharings of yoga, meditation, dance & more to the Satsanga community. Daniel has a rich history of more than 20 years as a professional dancer / performer and is also a dedicated yogi, meditator, nutritionist and movement expert :) At Satsanga he is co-offering Shiva Devi Dance Journey with Amber, also teaching Active Meditations, his speciality - Embodied Dance, and is available for 1:1 private sessions offering guidance with movement, exercise & diet for holistic wellness. See below for more!
Daniel ''Sonic'' Rojas (Singapore/DK/Colombia)
Professional Dancer, Choreographer, Actor, Nutritionist, Yoga Teacher, Parkour Instructor, Daniel "Sonic" Rojas has been dancing & performing for more than 20 years. This journey has included many awards such as Winner of the European Championship ''Ultimate Bboy Session'' in Germany 1998, Winner of the World Championship at the UK Championship 2001, to the more recent IBE2014, where he took 2nd place in the World Championship Breakdance Competition (Holland). Daniel has also spent more than 15 years dancing with reputable, contemporary dance companies in Denmark, Sweden, London and Italy, as well as performing in many world acclaimed theatre productions such as the musical The Hunch Back of Notre Dame de Paris, playing as The Nutcracker for 6 years consecutively, playing as Harlequin, and many more. As a performer and teacher, Daniel is known around the world for his creativity and individual way of expressing himself by telling stories through dance. Combining his Latin roots and his experiential journey of many years as a professional dancer/performer, Daniel has created his own style that he calls ''CONTEMPORARY-BREAK (recently renamed as Embodied Dance)''. This unique form has been recognised by the University of Science of Sports and Anatomy in Cologne, Germany, as one of the most complete dance workshops offered internationally. Embodied Dance dissolves the boundaries between different forms of dance with the aim of integrating dance cultures to give individuals a unique way of expressing themselves, connecting to feeling through movement and ultimately self-healing.
In addition to dance, Daniel has a strong practice in Yoga, Meditation, Parkour and Nutrition, including certification as a Yoga Instructor (2013 & Nov 2014) and Raw Food Chef (Dec 2014). Daniel has also been practicing Parkour for many years and is now teaching Parkour for children in Singapore, as well as offering movement & meditation at Satsanga. It is Daniel’s aim to integrate all of these disciplines into a holistic offering to better understand the Body/Mind, as well as a way to spread his message to the world: Live, Love & Dance <3
DANCING & ACTING:
* Performed, 6 years consecutively, as the Nutcracker in Steen Koerner's modern version of the Nutcracker Ballet (Aveny-T, Tivoli Concert Hall & Århus Teater, Denmark), 2001 - 2006
* Performed as the Forbryder in Julemand og den Farlige Forbryder at Holbæk Theater+Denmark Tour, 2012
* Performed as Harlequin in Kassander Loves Dollars at The Pantomime Theater in Tivoli, Denmark, 2011, 2012
* Performed as The Emperor in The Nightingale, as The Queen in Princess and the Pea, and as one of the Swans in the Ugly Duckling in Steen Koerner's interpretation of H.C. Andersen Fairtytales at Tivoli Concert Hall, Denmark, 2013
* Performed in the Notre-Dam de Paris Musical at the Dominium Theater in London (2001) and Italian tour, 2001 – 2002
* Performed in Universe, Upercut Dance Theater Denmark Tour, 2009
* Performed in the Jungle Book at the Nørrebro Teater, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2010
* Performed in Robin in the Hood at the Nørrebro Teater and Vejle Musik Teater, Denmark, 2012
* For 6 years (2006 – 2012), Daniel toured internationally with the Contemporary Dance Company ''Next Zone'', being part of the performances:
- Symphony in Slang in Copenhagen and in La Villette Paris, France.
- Hero anti Hero at the Royal Danish Theater/Stærekassen.
- Ritual (National Museet) Danmark, Sweden, Greenland, Finland, Iceland and Montreal-Canada.
- Tribe/Ritual#3 at The Royal Danish Theater/Stærekassen, Faroe Islands Tour and La Villette Paris, France
* Daniel currently works and tours with PIVOT DANCE COMPANY (2001 – current), and has performed in many performances, including at the Danish Royal State Visit in Russia, Greece, Vietnam and China
* Daniel has danced for the Queen of Denmark and the Royal Family several of times:
- Queen of Denmark's 60th Birthday Party
- Prince Henrik’s 80th Birthday Party
- Princess Alexander's Wedding Party and her son’s Confirmation Party
* Daniel performed in the World Resorts Sentosa Chinese New Year Exhibition at the Singapore Marina Bay Sands Casino, an Evening for the High Rollers, Feb 2015, Singapore
EMBODIED DANCE / CONTEMPORARY BREAK :
To read more about Embodied Dance, please see HERE. Daniel has been teaching this art form (previously called Contemporary Break) worldwide for many years. Most recently he shared this workshop at the Bali Spirit Festival in Ubud, Bali, March 2015, as well as at The Banjaran Hotsprings Resort in Ipoh, Malaysia 2015, as a 4-week series with T.H.E. Dance Company in Singapore 2015 and at Singapore's Soulscape 2015 Festival. He is now offering monthly workshops at Satsanga for this modality as well.
PARKOUR FOR CHILDREN :
* Teaching with SuperFly Monkey Dragons, twice weekly Parkour for Family class. See more HERE.
YOGA & NUTRITION :
* 200 Hr Hatha Hot Yoga Instructor Training, Absolute Yoga Academy, Koh Samui Island Thailand, 2013
* 200 Hr Universal Yoga Instructor Training with Master Andrey Lappa, Pure Yoga, Singapore, 2014
* Raw Food Chef Certification, Level 1, 18 Dec 2014 – 1 Jan 2015, The Seeds of Life, Ubud, Bali
* Teaching weekly Yoga for Dancers, at Savery Academy, Denmark (2014)
Contact: +65 8339 3432, firstname.lastname@example.org